Finding the right commercial driver’s license (CDL) training program can be a long and difficult task. There are numerous options, depending on the type of CDL license or training you want to receive, the location of the school, the cost of the program, and other factors. Websites are often full of information and can answer many questions, but one of the best ways to narrow down your list is by talking to admissions representatives from each of the schools you are considering.
Not sure what to ask the representatives when you talk to them? Today, we wanted to share ten of the best questions you can bring up during the conversation.
Questions about the school and their program
- What kinds of CDL training do you provide?
- How long is the program?
- What is the student-to-instructor ratio?
- What is the standard graduation rate for a CDL program and what is your graduation rate?
Questions about tuition and financial aid
- How much does the program cost?
- Are there tuition reimbursement options?
- What other financial aid options are there? Are there any scholarships or grants that can be applied towards tuition?
- Do you accept benefits for returning veterans, like the Post 9-11 GI Bill®?
Questions about life after the program
- Do you offer job placement services? How long after graduation do you offer them?
- What are my options if I fail the CDL exam? Can I retake it? If so, how long do I have to wait?
United States Trucking School is happy to answer all of these questions and more about our CDL training programs. For more information about how we can help you get your license and get on the road, call us today! 303-848-8443
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill