Frequently Asked Questions

Questions you Need to Ask Before Starting your CDL Training!

We know when deciding the best place for CDL Training, there are many factors to consider. We have created a list of frequently asked questions to help you decide which training option is best for you! 

Frequently Asked Questions

How much does it cost?

Each student’s tuition will depend on the training program you pick and if you qualify for financial aid options. To learn more visit our Financial Aid webpage.

Where is the Truck Driving School located?

We have two locations in Denver, CO and Colorado Springs, CO. Both campuses offer all of our CDL training programs. For additional locations in the United States, visit our locations page.

How long is the course?

United States Truck Driving School offers many different CDL training programs. Depending on which program you choose will determine the length of your training. To learn more please explore our CDL Training webpages.

Can you help me find a job after graduation?

United States Truck Driving School offers Job Placement assistance for careers in the trucking industry for its students and graduates in good standing with the school. We partner with several trucking company recruiters who routinely visit our campuses. We can also help with interviews, resumes, and the application processes. Visit our Job Placement webpage for more information.

How do I enroll at the US Trucking School?

To get started, please start an application and one of our Admissions Representatives will contact you. You may also call to speak to a representative at the campus you are interested in. Learn more by visiting our application page.

Is student housing available?

No, at this point and time, none of our campuses provide housing options for students.

What is tuition reimbursement?

Tuition reimbursement is a payment option where trucking companies offer to pay back employees for education expenses. Usually, the tuition is paid out on a monthly basis as long as the driver remains employed at the company. We work with many trucking companies that offer tuition reimbursement. For more information, you can visit our Financial Aid webpage.

Can I use my VA benefits toward the cost of CDL training?

Yes. United States Truck Driving School is proud to participate in VA Educational programs that aid veterans, active duty military and even spouses and dependents in obtaining their CDL through our nationally recognized Troops Into Transportation program. Visit our Veterans webpage for more information.

Do I need a CDL permit before starting training?

No. Actually, most of our students rarely have any prior truck driving experience.

What is the difference between a Class A and Class B CDL?

A Class A CDL training prepares students to land entry-level jobs as commercial truck drivers who will be able to drive over-the-road (OTR), regional, or local. A Class B CDL allows you to drive a single vehicle with a gross vehicle weight of more than 26,000 pounds such as a tow truck, dump truck, delivery truck, or a utility truck. With a Class A license, you can drive a Class B vehicle. However, a Class B license will not allow you to drive a Class A vehicle, thus it has more limitations.

What is the ELDT mandate?

The Entry-Level Driver Training (ELDT) Mandate requires truck driving schools to satisfy the requirements set by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and Department of Transportation (DOT). Schools that receive this certification have incorporated an acceptable balance of classroom education and behind-the-wheel instruction into their training programs. The purpose of this mandate is to create an industry-wide standard for CDL training that leads to safer truck drivers. Students wanting to pursue their CDL must attend an ELDT certified school. If they don't, they won't be allowed to take the CDL test at the DMV.

If I already have my CDL, how does the ELDT mandate affect me?

The ELDT Mandate does not impact drivers who received their CDL or a CDL endorsement (such as passenger, hazardous materials, or bus driver) before February 7, 2022. Additionally, if you got your CLP before this date and renewed it or obtained your CDL before it expired, you do not need to complete ELDT certified training.