United States Truck Driving School > Career Training > How to use your military benefits for CDL school

How to use your military benefits for CDL school

Start Your Civilian Career in the Trucking Industry

If your military service is ending and you’re looking for a new career, don’t dismiss the trucking industry.  Not only are your military skills transferable, but as a veteran, you may be eligible to use funding through the Veterans Administration to start your career in the civilian workforce.

United States Truck Driving School participates in programs that give veterans the opportunity to use financial assistance for CDL training.

What VA Benefits Can I Use

The VA provides a variety of benefits and services to active duty service members, veterans, and their families. Some of these include the Montgomery Bill, Post 9/11 GI Bill, or the Special Vocational Training Program. In addition, some carriers provide a Tuition Reimbursement Program to those who have used VA benefits to pay for CDL training.

Applying for Benefits

Find out if you’re eligible for VA education benefits and apply online using the VA eBenefits website. Make sure you have access to your social security number, education, and military history. You’ll also need basic information on the CDL program you’ll be enrolling in.

For a full list of the military benefits you can apply to your CDL training at United States Truck Driving School, visit ustruck.com/veterans. In addition, your campus Financial Aid office can provide information or eligibility requirements for these programs. To get started, give us a call today! 303-848-8443