When you are spending eight to ten hours a day hauling loads locally or across the country, you are going to need some good entertainment to help you through the day. The radio will eventually get old as you constantly hear the same music being played, and in addition, you may be limited to certain stations depending on your location.
A great alternative to the radio is listening to podcasts. Podcasts are downloaded audio programs that can then be listened to on your own schedule. There are also many topics to choose from including entertainment, news, sports, and even podcasts about trucking. Here are a few podcasts that are great for truckers while putting in those long hours:
- Comedy Bang! Bang! — This is arguably one of the most popular comedy podcasts. Host Scott Aukerman invites celebrity guests on the show who suddenly get interrupted by improv characters.
- Serial — Serial is a radio drama that follows a true story with a surprise ending. It is a can’t-miss podcast with hours of entertainment.
- Pop Culture Happy Hour — This podcast is a lively chat about books, movies, music, television, and comics featuring blogger Linda Holmes and various special guests.
- NPR Hourly News Summary — Each hour, NPR releases a five-minute podcast to keep you up-to-date on what happened during the last hour.
- NBC Nightly News — This podcast provides reports of the day’s most newsworthy events nationally and internationally. NBC Nightly News podcast is updated daily.
- BBC Global News — It is produced twice daily on weekdays and once a day on weekends. This 30 minute podcast gives you the best news from around the world.
- Outside the Lines Podcast — OTL is a well-known ESPN show that also produces a daily podcast. This podcast focuses more on the personal side of sports.
- The Bill Simmons Podcast — The Bill Simmons Podcast is the most downloadable sports podcast of all time. The show features celebrities and athletes discussing sports with Bill Simmons.
- The Herd with Colin Cowherd — On this podcast, Colin discusses sports with a more thought-provoking and opinionated view on the stories.
- Ask the Trucker — Allen Smith hosts this podcast that touches on subjects that are important to truck drivers. Driver health, career tips, and driving regulations are just a few topics discussed on this show.
- Trucking Podcast — This father and son hosted podcast simply talks about subjects that truck drivers will enjoy. The truck driving duo talk about muscle cars, trucks, and anything else that has a motor.
- Alice Isn’t Dead — This podcast is a fictional drama about a truck driver who searches the nation for his missing wife. It is full of conspiracies, twists, turns, and trucking!
It can be tough to stay entertained while delivering large loads across the nation, but the right podcast will keep you occupied. If you are a truck driver or are thinking about becoming one, then download a few of the many podcasts that are available. If you are ready to take the next step in starting a career as a truck driver, then contact us today.